We're suspending in-person worship and activities for several weeks, but we are still a worshipping community, and we should continue to live out our Rule of Life (Growing in Relationships, Growing in Service, Growing in Christ) during this separation. We will do our best to maintain our normal schedule, but will shift our worship, learning, and community events to an online platform. Our hope is that you will continue to maintain your normal worshipping and learning schedule with us, but in different ways. Please keep visiting this page for updates on upcoming opportunities.
A Pastoral Message from Fr. Rob:
To read our recent communication about the St. Paul's Response to COVID-19, click here.
Are You Able to Help?
If you need help, please contact Fr. Rob and Mtr. Liz here.
Center for Counseling & Education
Our Center for Counseling & Education is still open and you can read more about the services offered here. Dr. Jeanne is continuing to meet with community members by phone and Zoom and she continues to be a valuable resource to our community during this stressful time. If you need to meet with Dr. Jeanne, please contact her by phone at (504) 330-2549, or email .
Ways to Connect to Online Services and Programming:
- Beginning Sunday, March 15 we hope you'll join us for an online worship opportunity at 10:15 AM. We will observe Morning Prayer live each week on YouTube, and a link will be available on our Facebook page.
- Beginning on Wednesday, March 18 we'll host "Service, Supper, and Substance" (#S3atStP) via a Zoom link. (You can pop in to this gathering whenever you're available to join). We will send this link out each week through our email list.
- 5:30 PM - Evening Prayer
- 6:00 PM - Gather around your own table at home for supper, and answer the table discussion questions on your screen
- 6:30 PM - A presentation will be given each week by a parishioner or member of our staff, followed by on-screen discussion questions for you to consider.
Technology Help Available: With so many things moving online, especially our church services and programming, becoming oriented to all the new technology can be difficult. If you need assistance connecting with our online church services and programming, please reach out to Fr. Rob here or Mtr. Liz here. We have several volunteers who are trained and able to help you become more comfortable with the platforms we're using; such as Zoom, Facebook, and YouTube. Please reach out!
If you would like to be added to this technology volunteer team, please contact Fr. Rob here.
Other Worship Resources:
- St. Paul's Contemplative Sanctuary View
- View our sanctuary candle and meditate on God's presence in our world.
- Pray As You Go
- A daily prayer resource you can listen to.
- Forward Movement: Daily Prayer
- A daily prayer resource you can read.
- The Lectionary Page
- Access the weekly Sunday readings
- If you don't have a Book of Common Prayer at home, use this online version.
How can you be prepared for COVID-19?
Practice good personal health habits. Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your elbow. Hands should be washed often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.