We are returning to in-person worship, and for the time being attendees must sign up for two reasons: 1) we can only hold a certain number of people while maintaining proper physical distancing, and 2) we must keep a list of all attendees for contact-tracing purposes.
There are three easy ways to sign up:
- If you are a current Realm user, simply sign up through your app. Convenient, simple. If you are not currently a Realm user and would like to be, email Lori Lavelle ( ) and ask her to send you an invitation to join.
- Call Lori in the office at (504) 488-3749 and ask her to register for you.
- Sign up here:
Here's what you can expect when joining us for in-person worship:
General Procedures and Expectations for In-Person Services
- Online worship will still be available for the foreseeable future.
- In-person worship services will be short, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- You must register in advance for each service—we will email a weekly link, or you can simply log-in to your Realm account to register quickly and easily.
- Max attendance of 85 persons (less than 50% of our seating capacity).
- Anyone who feels sick in any way or shows any symptoms (such as regular sneezing, coughing, aches, chills, etc.) should stay home.
- We encourage anyone who is in a high-risk health category to reconsider attending at this time.
- We require all present to wear a face covering which covers both mouth and nose (no chin-huggers). A limited number of extra face coverings will be available if you forget your own.
- We expect all attendees to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet or more at all
- All volunteers and leaders will wash hands upon arrival, and hand sanitizer will be available for all attendees.
- There will be no congregational singing; however, there will be a pianist and soloist.
- There will be no fellowship or coffee hour after any service.
- There will be no nursery care, Christian education, Sunday School or other programing on site. We will continue to have Adult Christian Education at 9:00 AM via Zoom. See your weekly Epistle email for more information on how to join in.
- We will not pass the offering plate, but there will be a station for you to drop off your offering as you arrive or leave. We also encourage you to consider giving online by texting STPAULSNOLA to 73256, or by visiting www.StPaulsNOLA.org/give.
- Know that we are following all state and diocesan guidelines on safety and cleaning. High contact surfaces will be disinfected before and after all services.
Before each service
- Please remember to use the restroom at home before coming to church to minimize restroom usage at the church.
- Please do not arrive more than 10-15 minutes early.
- Please enter the church through the main Canal Blvd. entrance by the chapel only (even if you park in the parking lot), and remember to maintain physical distance from anyone who may be in front of you checking in at the door.
- An usher will check you in, guide you into the church, and assign you a seat.
- Pews in the nave will be taped off to indicate appropriate distancing. Seating will be per household, whether single, couple, or family.
- Bulletins will be available in your Friday Epistle You can print it at home and bring it with you, bring your own Book of Common Prayer, or follow along on your mobile device.
During each service
- There will not be a procession.
- Remain seated with your household.
- Again, the service will be around 30-40 minutes.
At the end
- The officiant will dismiss the congregation by pews, starting from the back and working forwards.
- If you brought a bulletin or BCP with you, please remember to take it home.
- Following the dismissal, please exit where you entered through the main Canal Blvd. doors, and refrain from congregating in the narthex.