Jesus said, "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Jesus said, "I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
The mission of the Church is . . .
To restore people to unity with God and each other in Christ. The Church pursues its mission as it prays and worships, proclaims the Gospel, and promotes justice, peace, and love (The Book of Common Prayer, p. 855).
Our "rule of life" for living that mission is . . .
Growing in Relationships
Growing in Service
Growing in Christ
Our vision statement is . . .
St. Paul's is a Spirit-filled people renewing, empowering, and transforming lives within and beyond our community.
Our guiding principles are . . .
- We are a parish of The Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana committed to living as, and encouraging others to live as, disciples guided by the historic faith and teachings of the Anglican tradition.
- We accept, honor, respect, and love on another as Christ taught us to do.
- We are committed to honesty and integrity in our dealings with each other, the community, and the diocese.
- We provide a framework for people in faith and help them develop for ministry.
- We believe in and value Christian education in the Episcopal tradition.
- We will resolve conflicts with love and respect.
- We faithfully administer the Sacraments.